Thursday, December 15, 2011

Life


Life

Author’s Note: I am writing this piece to improve on my goals in the writing rubric. As well as to show what my Uncle Tom’s cabin means to me. I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

            As I wake from my slumber I step out into the Madison air. An eagle flies upon the sunlight. Among the trees he is soaring high above the rest. The sense of freeness runs through my body. Naturally I lay down in the nearby hammock. Looking up at the sky, the world is at a standstill. The beautiful smell of the riverside fills my lungs. This only lasts but a single minute. The madness begins now. From what used to be a complete silence a roaring starts within the cabin. Looking to the window I realize that my cousins have woken. The monsters run out the door. One my one they slip on their shoes and realize the sun has rose to see them. Another fun filled weekend at “Camp We Should” has begun.
            You see most girls would despise upon the idea of mud, fishing and no shower. But that is not me. I have never found a more happy time in my life then being up at the cabin. Often time’s people will put up a wall. Causing people to not get the chance to know that person, for who they are. Though when I am around a campfire surrounded by all the people I love, there isn’t a care in the world and I know that I am better than that wall. For the first time in my life I realize that if my family loves me for who I am than that is good enough for me. 
            It is extraordinary that one place, so simple can make such an impact on my life. I would not be the person I am today if it wasn’t for my Uncle Tom’s cabin (Camp We Should). When I am there, I feel free and as I look to the people around me. I learn to appreciate every moment of my life and everyone in it. If not for the cabin, I don’t know who I would be or where I would be in the world today. I will forever be in debt to this experience. To singing around the campfire and watching the bats dance upon the water every night. I will forever be in debt to life.    

           

No comments:

Post a Comment