Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Country I Know and Love


The Country I Know and Love
By: Jessica Sklenar 

 Author's Note: This piece was made to show the love for my country; The United States of America. I shows that some people aren't as fortunate as we are in the USA. I made this piece to really show that I do support my country and that no matter what happens I always will.I hope you enjoy "The Country I Know and Love."

When I say the pledge every school day in the morning, I show my love for The United States of America. So when you ask me the question “Are you proud of your country?” The answer will forever be yes, you see when I say those very words “I pledge allegiance to the flag of The United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under god indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” That is me showing that love for my country. But these days saying the pledge every morning is just one of the minor ways that people show their devotion, respect and love for The United States of America.
Though every morning I say the pledge many people do not have the privilege of living in a country like this. When I think about the people in China ruled by a leader and having their life run by others, no freedom what so ever. The fact that I have that gift that many other people in this world may never have the privilege of feeling what freedom feels like and the thought of that will make me forever proud of my country and the strong military we have. Because I know that the fact of being free and living in the safe America I call home is the best feeling in the world.
The United States of America will forever be the land I call home. I am proud of my country and so I will forever be, for this land that I walk on is the place that most people long to be. I could not picture a life without the United States of America, that is why every night before I fall asleep I thank god for all that he has given me in my life. I love my country and I will forever support it, that’s why I say the pledge every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment