Friday, April 27, 2012

The Big Apple


The Big Apple


(Written the week of April 16th)

Author’s Note: I am writing this short story to show a more creative side to my writing. I hope that you enjoy this piece as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

            Growing up in “The Big Apple,” is not easy. Always having a competition in the midst, it’s all about the competition here. But probably one of the hardest things about “The Big Apple” is finding a job. Especially when you are trying to make it as a writer, in a city full of the biggest writing companies in the United States. When one spot in a firm opens up, half the city jumps at the chance to have amazing job like this, just last week there was a new opening at the post and my father had finally convinced me to take a leap of faith and apply for the position. So you know I am feeling pretty confident in myself, but the second that I walked into the building. All of that confidence was just whipped away because the lobby was entirely full of people dressed in fancy suits and briefcases in hand. Then there’s me my hair pulled back in a French braid and dressed in my new sundress. I thought the interview went well though. I guess all I can do is hold my head high and pray that I get a call from them. But until then I will just keep spinning my wheels here in “The Big Apple.”

No comments:

Post a Comment