Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spitting Image


Spitting Image


Author’s Note I am writing this piece to show my knowledge of creating a character description piece. I will be writing this piece on a character from the book Waiting for You by Susan Colasanti, without saying the characters name. I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

            “Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out? ~Anonymous” We stare at her with empty faces, acknowledging the need of satisfaction in her face. Blonde hair flows off her shoulders, as the lack of self confidence radiates from her image. What once painted the face of a girl wanting to fit in has now been formed into the face of someone needing to stand out.
            As crazy as it may sound, this painting used to be filled with the spitting image of life in the best circumstances possible. But all good things must come to an unfortunate end, valleys must fall and water must drain, except for the innocence of the soul and mind. That is what will bring this character back to her old image and to the fantasy of life.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this piece and its details! I can actually picture different images of this

    ReplyDelete